PTA's After School Enrichment Program
Fall 2023 season to run October 16 - December 14, 2023.
There will be music, chess, yoga, Pokemon, sports, and more!
In January 2023, a small but mighty team of PTA volunteers launched a robust and widely popular after school enrichment program for K-5 students to help extend the school day for caregivers. With the ongoing support of volunteer committee members, onsite volunteers, donations, and space availability, we will be able to continue the program each season.
Our Enrichment Program:
- Open to Cedar Park students grades K - 5.
- Offered Monday - Thursday.
- Each class meets once per week.
- Classes are offered for 1 to 1.5 hrs immediately after school.
- Class seats are prioritized based on child's need for an extended day at school.
- Fall: October 16 - December 14, 2023
- Winter: January - March
- Spring: April - June
Program Enrollment Process:
Our program is popular and classes tend to fill up. In order to offer more equitable access, our enrollment process is as follows:
- Sept. 5 - 17: Families enter the lottery for all the classes of interest on 6crickets. Families will indicate each child's level of need for an extended day at school for each class.
- Sept. 20 - 27: Keep your eye on your email for an invitation to claim your child's seat in a given class. Payment is made at this time. If you no longer want the seat, please reply as soon as possible so the seat may be offered to another child.
- Sept. 28 - Oct. 4: After priority registration ends, any classes with seats still available will be opened up to all families for immediate registration.
Thanks to the generosity of our vendors, we are able to offer a limited number of scholarships to families who otherwise could not afford to have their child participate in our enrichment program. You can indicate your financial need when entering your child in the lottery.
Scholarships will be determined and awarded between September 20 - 27th.
Onsite volunteers needed. Commit to as little as one day for 30 minutes.
- Greet vendors and help kids find their way to class at the end of the school day.
- Be there when enrichment classes end to wrap up with vendors and ensure
everyone is signed out.
Lastly, this program will only continue to exist
if we are able to financially support it!
If you are able to help offset the costs,
please consider making a donation to our scholarship fund!